Wintulichs Chorizo Pasta
- 400g dried penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (250g) Wintulichs chorizo, sliced 2mm thick.
- 100g Wintulichs shortcut bacon sliced into squares
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups tomato passata sauce
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream
- 30g rocket
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add Wintulichs Chorizo. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Place on a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe pan clean. Return to medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Cook Wintulichs Short Cut bacon for 3 minutes or until golden. Place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Return pasta to pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add Wintulichs Chorizo to remaining pasta in pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Add rocket. Toss to combine. Spoon pasta into bowls. Season with pepper. Serve.