Citrus Maple Bacon Hot Cross Bun Sliders
Makes 4 Sliders
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated lime zest
- 4 skinless bacon rashers
- 4 hot cross buns
- Preheat small saucepan.
- In a small bowl mix maple syrup, apple vinegar, sugar and orange and lime zests together.
- Add a small knob of butter to the pan and begin cooking the bacon on medium heat, turn occasionally until they begin to brown.
- Turn the heat to low.
- With tongs, take the bacon out of the saucepan and dip in maple syrup mix making sure the entire piece is coated. Shake off excess and add bacon back to pan.
- Continue cooking until the syrup begins to thicken on the bacon, turn occasionally. Optionally, re-coat and repeat for extra flavour.
- Remove bacon from pan and add into cut hot cross buns and serve.