Bacon, Cauliflower, Cheese and Macaroni Bake
- 250g Wintulichs Bacon, sliced into pieces
- 500g Cauliflower, cut into flowers
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 300g Macaroni
- 60gm Butter
- 50g Plain flour
- 750ml Milk
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 180g Parsley, finely chopped
- 180g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 220g Bocconcini
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Boil water and cook pasta, keeping firm not al dente. Drain and return to saucepan.
- In a separate pan melt butter and cook onions until soft. Add flour to the onions and stir until ‘grainy’ then gradually add milk, whisking until it boils, reduce heat continue to whisk until thick and creamy, turn off heat. Finally add mustard and 3 quarters of parmesan cheese and gently mix.
- Using an oven proof dish, combine cauliflower and parsley to pasta, then pour cheese sauce over and gently mix.
- Top with Wintulichs bacon, remaining parmesan cheese and bocconcini and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Then enjoy!