Wintulichs Chorizo Pasta
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (250g) Wintulichs Chorizo, sliced 2mm thick
- 100g Wintulichs Shortcut Bacon, sliced into squares
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups tomato passata sauce
- 1/2 cup light thickened cream
- 30g rocket
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add Wintulichs Chorizo. Cook, stirring for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Place on a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe pan clean. Return to medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Cook Wintulichs Short Cut Bacon for 3 minutes or until golden. Place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add tomato sauce and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Return pasta to pan. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add Wintulichs Chorizo to pasta. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Add rocket. Toss to combine. Spoon pasta into bowls. Season with salt and pepper and serve.